Copying Data Table Settings and Formulas in AppSheet

I'm working on a large scale Manufacturing application for Digital Data Entries and AppSheet has been awesome in the past. However, my knowledge is somewhat limited and I'm looking for a way to streamline the set-up work for this project.

Problem:

Data Table 1 - Form with 26 Columns

Data Table 2 (Separate Sheet in Google Sheets with a unique name) - Form with 26 Columns that match Data Table 1 exactly expect for one unique column that is slightly different from Data Table 1

I have 20+ more similar Data Tables (all have unique names) that I'm setting up and I'm looking for a better option than manually typing in the same column formulas and settings.

Is there a way to copy Data Table 1 in Appsheet while preserving the formulas and settings? Then all I would have to do is rename the Data Table and assign the new sheet that it's tied to.

Am I looking at this problem wrong - i.e. is there a better way to set this up for data entry purposes?

Thanks for the help!

0 1 390
1 REPLY 1

Questions like this should be posted in the AppSheet Q&A board, where they're more likely to be seen by someone who can provide an answer and won't confuse anyone subscribed to this Tips & Tricks board for the type of content it's intended for. I suggested to moderators that they move the post.

@BigFig wrote:

Is there a way to copy Data Table 1 in Appsheet while preserving the formulas and settings?

No. The best you can do is annotate the sheet with column heading notes following a specific syntax to govern each column's property configuration upon association to the app. For an example, see @MultiTech's auto tables.

@BigFig wrote:

is there a better way to set this up

Consider creating a table that comprises all the common columns and then one or more related tables the comprise the unique columns.

Top Labels in this Space