Core Security Error: No External Sharing!

An app that was previously working using the integrated Chatbot functions suddenly today started throwing errors. After extensive troubleshooting, I started over by creating a new app using the simple form template. It is not shared with anyone except myself; after enabling the Chatbot function and starting a chat, I receive the same core security error, seen below. Oddly enough, the app still works fine in the browser, it is only within Chats that this error is now appearing! Does anyone have any advice? I am really stuck on the fact that it worked earlier today and now the functionality seems to be completely locked.

TL;DR:

1. I have admin access and can confirm no changes were made to any Appsheet or Google Chats policies
  2. We do not want to disable core security
  3. Original app and new app from basic template both display identical error when using Chatbot
  4. The apps still work in the browser window
  5. The apps are not shared externally nor are the sheets external
  6. My apps should not be breaking this policy per official documentation:

Use the AppSheet Core licenses security setting to disable the following features for all users in your Workspace organization that have AppSheet Core licenses:

• Sharing AppSheet apps and databases with external app users
  • Connecting to external app data
  • Automation emails to external recipients 
  • External integration through the app API
  • Webhooks

Error when adding to chats:

Workspace AppSheet Core security violation: The app cannot be shared externally.: Learn more: https://support.google.com/a/answer/10447197#core-security

Error log snippet:

"Message": "App Action blocked by policy",
"Action": "Chat Event",
"PolicyErrorMessage": "Workspace AppSheet Core security violation: The app cannot be shared externally.: Learn more: https://support.google.com/a/answer/10447197#core-security"

0 1 172
1 REPLY 1

If you belong to the same Workspace and it doesn't work, I would propose to contact support to check what is the reason for this.

Top Labels in this Space