Correct timezone for scheduled bots for UK BST (GMT+1)

Hi there,

I am running (server-side) scheduled tasks (UK specific) but following the change to BST today (GMT+1) I wanted to check which of the UK timezone options I have been using would reflect the change to BST. (The timezones for scheduled bots are very confusing, per the following)

• GMT Standard Time (Greenwich Mean Time ...Standard Time ??)
  • Greenwich Standard Time (Aka GMT)

Unfortunately, it looks like they are both GMT+0 so I have no option that reflects BST for scheduled tasks. Is this a bug or am I not understanding something here?

MarkBriscoe_0-1711899684099.png

Thank you

1 2 188
2 REPLIES 2

I gave this a further 24hrs and it seems like daylight savings (DST) is now being reflected?

My scheduled bot which runs at 7 am in the time zone labelled as "GMT+0:00 GMT Standard Time" triggered an alert that I received at 7 am local time (Which is currently experiencing BST \ GMT+1 \ UTC+1)

So server-side my choice of GMT+0:00 GMT Standard Time for the bot is now having DST applied (making it technically UTC+1 / GMT+1) which is what I wanted (...Great) 

I assume the text in the dropdown list is just broken, it infers there is no offset between UTC and the zone labelled GMT Standard Time (technically correct) but server-side DST is applied making the label incorrect. Furthermore, both the Western and Central European zones are listed for me as GMT+2 (see picture in earlier post) which infers they can be displayed with their correct DST (UTC+2) ...so the list is partially correct then?

Edit: Because all offsets are referenced in the dropdown using "GMT+/-" , I assume they dont want to update the actual GMT zone to reference DST (like they do for others) so it's left incorrect, if so could this not be updated to show offsets via "UTC-/+"?

Would be good if someone could verify my findings, thanks

Scheduled for 10:00 "GMT Standard Time" ran at 09:00 UTC (10:00 BST)
Scheduled for 10:00 "Greenwich Standard Time" ran at 10:00 UTC (11:00 BST)

Can confirm experimental result.  Had the same problem understanding timezone names.  GMT Standard Time is GMT adjusted for summer time (BST)

Top Labels in this Space