Could Appsheet be discontinued?

I have built several applications for different companies, however, when companies invest development time in this platform they ask about the possibility of Appsheet ceasing to exist, as has happened with other Google tools.

Does anyone know what guarantees the continuity of Appsheet?

1 3 109
3 REPLIES 3

This is something I was just thinking! Especially after seeing another post re Appsheet not being updated much recently.

I'm at the start of my Appsheet journey and looking to create business apps for some companies, however what would happen if Appsheet is suddenly discontinued?

I don't think anyone here can give guarantees re Appsheet, so can I ask what happens to your projects if it did get shutdown? Do you have it covered in your terms and conditions or have you discussed it with your clients?

No one can or will give you guarantees on this. When I brought AppSheet into our business I looked at all the other no code applications and settled on AppSheet due to its offline sync feature which others didn't have.
I was concerned about Google shutting AppSheet down as they do with many of the companies/divisions that they own, but they (Google) rarely shuts down paid for features as long as it is profitable.
The most notable exception to this is Stadia which was paid for.

Edit: I have just noticed whilst looking for Cloud Storage that AppSheet is now part of Google Workspace which gives me more confidence that it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

It really is a topic that makes you think a lot, I have seen several conversations about it here, but none that conclude satisfactorily.

I have tried to ensure that my clients understand and accept this panorama. It is also important that they accept the terms and conditions of Google AppSheet, however, it is difficult to know what will happen.

Top Labels in this Space