Count Select with Multiple Fields to Formulate a Score

Hi, I have 18 Y/N Columns. The user wants to generate a score of total Y's/18. For example, 16 of the Columns were answered Y, the score would be 16/18, ~88%. I created a hidden "Total" field where I thought I'd do the app formula to count the Y, then a "Total Score Field' where I'll compute [Total] / 18.

Is count select the right way to go about this for my Total field? It seems simple in this thread, but I'm finding it difficult with 18 columns, would those be repeated in the second part of the expression? 

@LeventK @Steve @1minManager  hi - adding you because I see you replied on a similar post (and here.)

0 1 56
1 REPLY 1

@jennsny wrote:

Is count select the right way to go about this for my Total field?

Unfortunately, no.  AppSheet is a row-based system so all functions and features are designed to operate on rows.  While you can build things that operate on columns, it is very tedious to implement calculations and even more tedious to change it later when you need to adjust the list of columns

I don't know your data, but, if possible,I would encourage you to switch your set of questions to rows.  For example build a general questionnaire table:

Question ID Question Answer
1 Question 1  
2 Question 2  
3 Question 3  
4 Question 4  
5 Question 5  
6 Question 6  
7 Question 7  

With this setup, not only can you easily count responses but you can also easily adjust the list of questions WITHOUT needing to make additional expression changes inside of the app.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space