Count certain values from a List

Hi all,

I am an RPA-Developer, but new to AppSheet. I have a question regarding calculating/computing a sum of values from a list.

In the following statement I receive the sum of all transaction related to ALL customers:
DECIMAL(SUM(SELECT(TRANSACTIONS[Transaktionsbetrag], TRUE)))

I need only the sum of all transactions for a single customer.

I have referenced the two table [CLIENT] and [TRANSACTIONS]. In the App I managed to get the detail of transactions for each client in the client view (as List). Now I want to add a computed column to add the summ of all the transactions related to this client.

Many thanks for the help!!
BR. - Robert

Solved Solved
0 2 232
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome to the community!

You simply need to change this expression to select transaction rows for the client like the below. I will assume you have a column on your Transaction table named โ€œClientโ€ and that you are assigning this sum to a column in your Client table:

DECIMAL(SUM(SELECT(TRANSACTIONS[Transaktionsbetrag], [Client] = [_THISROW].[Client])))

The article below will help with more complex SELECT() expressions:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the community!

You simply need to change this expression to select transaction rows for the client like the below. I will assume you have a column on your Transaction table named โ€œClientโ€ and that you are assigning this sum to a column in your Client table:

DECIMAL(SUM(SELECT(TRANSACTIONS[Transaktionsbetrag], [Client] = [_THISROW].[Client])))

The article below will help with more complex SELECT() expressions:

When you have a relationship between these tables and the Client table is probably the parent, you can read it like DECIMAL(SUM([Related Transactions][Transaktionsbetrag]))

With this formula you donโ€™t need to read the whole Transactions table. You just need to read the virtual related table.

Top Labels in this Space