Count function at night

Hi Appsheet,

In my app I have a number of COUNT() functions.
For me, these functions should not be calculated when starting or syncing the app, because they clearly slow down the app.
I would like these functions to be calculated automatically at night. Is this possible? And how would you do this?

Thank you,
Bram

0 6 450
6 REPLIES 6

Right now I assume you’ve got these count function inside a virtual or real column?

You could move the formula into an action to change the value of a column, then put this on a report so it runs on a schedule.

This is the method I’ve used in a patient database app I manage to handle some really heavy calculations that would otherwise cause the app to freeze for 30 seconds or so while it processed.

Hi MV,

Thx a lot for your help!

I use this count formula in a real column:
COUNT(SELECT(Registration[ID], [_THISROW].[ID] = [ID Lieu]))

Can I use the same formula for the action that sets the values of a column [Count_result]?
The report is working well, bud my action doesn’t work. It doesn’t count. Or leaves my [Count-result] empty.
Any Idea?

Or could it be that my table is to big? This is the audit:

Is there a ref connection between the table this formula lives on and the table you’re SELECT()-ing from?

If so, you could do a count on the List column instead.

Very good tip!
With this tip I can certainly improve the sync time of the app.

He still doesn’t perform the action. With the same error message.
The calculation takes too much time, so he doesn’t perform the action.

Another idea?
I could filter the main table so it only takes this year.

Bram

Hey Bram.

If it’s taking too long to process, then yeah the only way you’re going to See any sort of improvement here is if you reduce the amount of data that the formula has to run on.

A security filter would do this for you.

Top Labels in this Space