Count function at night

Hi Appsheet,

In my app I have a number of COUNT() functions.
For me, these functions should not be calculated when starting or syncing the app, because they clearly slow down the app.
I would like these functions to be calculated automatically at night. Is this possible? And how would you do this?

Thank you,
Bram

0 6 451
6 REPLIES 6

Right now I assume youโ€™ve got these count function inside a virtual or real column?

You could move the formula into an action to change the value of a column, then put this on a report so it runs on a schedule.

This is the method Iโ€™ve used in a patient database app I manage to handle some really heavy calculations that would otherwise cause the app to freeze for 30 seconds or so while it processed.

Hi MV,

Thx a lot for your help!

I use this count formula in a real column:
COUNT(SELECT(Registration[ID], [_THISROW].[ID] = [ID Lieu]))

Can I use the same formula for the action that sets the values of a column [Count_result]?
The report is working well, bud my action doesnโ€™t work. It doesnโ€™t count. Or leaves my [Count-result] empty.
Any Idea?

Or could it be that my table is to big? This is the audit:

Is there a ref connection between the table this formula lives on and the table youโ€™re SELECT()-ing from?

If so, you could do a count on the List column instead.

Very good tip!
With this tip I can certainly improve the sync time of the app.

He still doesnโ€™t perform the action. With the same error message.
The calculation takes too much time, so he doesnโ€™t perform the action.

Another idea?
I could filter the main table so it only takes this year.

Bram

Hey Bram.

If itโ€™s taking too long to process, then yeah the only way youโ€™re going to See any sort of improvement here is if you reduce the amount of data that the formula has to run on.

A security filter would do this for you.

Top Labels in this Space