Count how many times a person has worked a weekend

I have a time card app with 10,000+ records and 50 different users.  Time is entered on a project basis not day basis, so each day, each person might have 8 entries.  The time card app works well.  What I want to do is count how many times a person has worked a weekend, and then later put this in a dynamic dashboard to filter out dates from and to.

I am counting a weekend worked as working on any Saturday or Sunday in a given week year where they have booked 8 or more hours.

I have built the formulas which gave me the correct answer but this only worked when I set up the slice to only look at my name (so I could test and create it easier).  Now when I remove the restriction to only look at my name, I get the wrong answer as it is looking at everyone and adding up all the weekends.  I understand why it is doing this, but I don't know how to solve it.

The data table contains 40+ rows but for simplicity the data table contains

• Username - Name of the person
  • Project Name - The job name that have worked on
  • Week Year - The year and week number i.e. 2023 - 8, 2023 - 9, 2023 - 10
  • Total Hours - The total hours they have booked to that project name
  • Name Day - Saturday, Sunday etc

My Slice (Weekend Working) looks like this, which removes not needed data and just looks at entries made on a Saturday or Sunday.  (When testing it I had Username = my name in the AND section and everything worked fine).

AND(
([Project Name] <> "rubbish data"),
([Project Name] <> "rubbish data 2"),
([Project Name] <> "rubbish data 3"),

OR(
([Day Name] = "Saturday"),
([Day Name] = "Sunday")

))

Then I have these virtual columns

VC - Sum Weekend Working - This counts the total hours for that Week Year on a Saturday and Sunday and if it is greater than 7.9, returns a 1 or if not a 0

IF(SUM(select(Weekend Working[Total Hours], [Week Year]=[_ThisRow].[Week Year]))>7.9,1,0)

VC - Count Per Week - This looks at the above and counts how many entries there are

SUM(select(Weekend Working[VC - Sum Weekend Working], [week year]=[_ThisRow].[week year]))

VC - Weekends Combined - This looks at the above and if it is 1 or more it creates text with the Week Year number and the word Yes.  If not, it says not worked

if([VC - Count Per Week] > 0.9, CONCATENATE([Week Year]," - Yes"), "Not Worked")

VC - Weekends Count - Finally, this counts how many unique entries are produced from the above and minuses 1 for the Not Worked entry, to give me a total of how many weekends have been worked

(COUNT(SELECT(Weekend Working[VC - Weekends Combined], TRUE, TRUE))) - 1

How can I get the above to work to count up how many weekends each user has worked (and then put that number against their name), rather than looking at the whole company? I know I am missing a step or two but I can't figure out where to start.  Any pushes in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 1 101
1 REPLY 1

You have to do the sums in another table, so:

1. Have a Users table.
  2. Reference the Users table in the Data table.
  3. Use SELECT() expressions in the Users table to do various sums from the Data table.
Top Labels in this Space