CountDown Timer

Hi, Does AppSheet have a Countdown feature? Would be useful in Project Management

0 7 1,992
7 REPLIES 7

What kind of countdown feature are you looking for?

I am working on the Construction Daily Report App and would like to include a feature or column with โ€œDays to completionโ€ where it days will deplete based on the scheduled completion date

Okayโ€ฆ then add a virtual column for your counter like [CompletionDate]-TODAY(). It will count it every time when you sync the app.

If I hear you correctly:

1. I must create a column called โ€œCompletion Dateโ€ on the Date format,
  2. Then create a column โ€œDays to completionโ€ - set this as Virtual Column with App Formula โ€œCompletionDate - TODAY()โ€

Question - What format must the Virtual column be on?

The result is a number.

1. If a set the Virtual Column formula to Number I get this error message: โ€œColumn Name โ€˜Days To Completionโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Job_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜Numberโ€™ has an invalid app formula โ€˜=[Completion Date] - TODAY()โ€™. The type of the app formula โ€˜Durationโ€™ does not match the column type 'Numberโ€

2. If a set the Virtual Column formula to Duration I get a result of โ€œ4704:00:00โ€

In both instances, I created a spreadsheet column and typed in a Completion Date (same name as column name) of 11/25/2019.

I then created a Virtual Column with App Formula: [Completion Date] - TODAY(). which gives me the above results.

My typo errorโ€ฆ HOUR([Completion Date]-TODAY())/24

Top Labels in this Space