Crashes on iPadOS

Bahbus

It would seem that something I built into my new app is causing it to crash on iPadOS (I don’t own regular iOS devices and don’t know if it is across all of iOS) iOS 12 only.
It works in preview.
It works on in browser on Windows.
It works on Android.

Within the AppSheet container app on iPad, however, attempting to launch this app goes through the motions of syncing and, per the audit log, successfully does so. However, it does not load the app. It crashes and goes back to the container app. Tried loading in Safari - crashes. Tried Edge browser (should work like Chrome) and it infinitely attempts to retry loading.

Even weirder, my first app is fine on the iPad. So its something specific with this new app.

Audit log showing “success” - no failures or errors (note the rapid timestamps from Edge’s attempts).

I don’t know what other information to give to help see if anyone here knows how to fix it.
And before you say it, I am simultaneously writing an email to support. Just checking in with y’all first.

0 4 216
4 REPLIES 4

Just a thought…make sure you have the latest iOS container downloaded.

Also, checked. Also, also checked: uninstalling the (base) app and reinstalling.

It’s like there is something in my app either from material UI changes, or the data in my sheets that iPadOS (and possibly iOS) just can’t render or handle.

Another thought?

Is iOS itself updated OR could it be that the iPad is an older one that is no longer getting updates? Thought being that the container may be relying on some new iOS that isn’t on that device.

I’d be happy to try it on my iPad if you like!

It IS an older iPad. And my apologies, it IS still iOS at this point - just version 12.5 since its a first gen iPad Air.

But sure, DM me your email and I’ll send you a quick invite.

Top Labels in this Space