Create App for Customers to Place Orders

I am curious if it is possible to create an app that customers could use to place product orders. There are numerous examples of apps that allow an internal team to place orders, but I want any of my +/- 2,000 customers to be able to place orders through. 

Thank you for your advice, everyone!

0 3 313
3 REPLIES 3

It sounds like you'd need your customers to authenticate when using the app, which would require an account plan that would get pretty expensive. You might consider a hybrid approach of using Google Forms for order submission, and then an AppSheet app for order processing.

Thanks for your reply, dbaum. I don't need them to authenticate at all. Most of the customers would be known by personal or business name. Does that info change your thoughts at all? 

I originally considered simply using a Google Form but I didn't feel that would look professional enough. 

@jmixon12 wrote:

if it is possible to create an app that customers could use to place product orders

First of all, back to your original question: The answer is certainly yes.

@jmixon12 wrote:

I don't need them to authenticate at all. Most of the customers would be known by personal or business name.

I don't follow the distinction. Regardless, I don't need to understand. On the other hand, you should certainly understand that without authentication you have no way of knowing whether a user submitting an order on behalf of a customer is authorized to do so.

@jmixon12 wrote:

Does that info change your thoughts at all?

For as many users as you envision, it's definitely far less expensive to choose the account plan that charges per app rather than per user.

@jmixon12 wrote:

I originally considered simply using a Google Form but I didn't feel that would look professional enough.

Of course, there's only so much you can do with a Google Form's design, but it is possible to customize many default aspects of the design.

Top Labels in this Space