Create a crew

Good morning everyone

In my voluntary association it often happens that more than one person gets into a car. I need to record how long they stay on mission.

I use "enumlist" to make a multiple selection, but I have a problem. Their "Related Activities" are not counted on single people. The activity is correctly recorded, but no trace remains for the individual volunteer.

I ask you how to solve this.

Benni_0-1675960772076.jpegBenni_1-1675960788986.jpegBenni_2-1675960810278.jpeg

Thank you for the time you dedicate to me. Good day.

0 9 119
9 REPLIES 9

You probably need to create a new child table for the people, instead of just using an EnumList. That way you can record other data points per person.

Hi Marc, yes I have this table.

Benni_0-1675963060991.png

Yes, you need another one. It will have 2 Ref columns, one to that table, and one to the table that currently has the EnumList.

Sorry Marc, I don't understand your solution. Could you give me a more practical example?

This would be a proper and "normalized" setup for a "many to many" relationship. The new table would be a "bridge" or "join" table. Do some research on these terms.

Sorry Marc

I still do not understand. The table you suggest I add, what is it supposed to do? 

I select with "enumlist" 4 people from the "Volunteers" table who have boarded an emergency vehicle. They are all in the same vehicle, but their individual activities are not logged. Can you please give me a practical example of what I should add? I'm really not understanding.

Hey @Benni 

What @Marc_Dillon is saying is that in the long run it will be easier for you if you were to create an additional table (on top of what you've already got) that holds the idea of "this person is connected to this vehicle".

• It's from THESE records (the join records) that people can record their individual activities from
  • Setting things up this way will not only allow for more granularity (down the road), but also removes most of the possibilities of users over-writing each other's data edits.
    • Because now each person is operating on their own individual record

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can learn more about Join tables in the following video

And here is the sample app

@MultiTech Thank you for your reply, I will be watching your video very eagerly. Have a nice day !

Thanks for your help. I'm a big stubborn head. It will take a long time, but I remain hopeful!!

-trucker epistaxis-

Top Labels in this Space