Create a dashboard that includes a chart over a subset of data

I have three tables, "Assessments", "Lever Assessments", and "Answers". While the assessments and answers are sort of self-explanatory, the "Lever Assessments" are kind of like categories for the answers. Both lever assessments and answers have a ref back to the Assessment they are a part of. I want to display some calculations I have in "Lever Assessments" in a chart. I am able to create a chart for the latest assessment shown below using a slice but I was hoping there was a way to do that for all assessments.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 2.22.01 PM.png

So this is showing the score percentage for each of the levers. And I want to create a dashboard that will allow me to display this for each assessment. Easiest way I can think of is adding a dropdown for assessments and maintaining a user specific field for currently selected assessment. But I was hoping there would be something cleaner. I already have a list view of all past assessments the user can browse. And I want it so when they try to open the detail view they'll see the chart alongside the links to each of the categories so they can review the answers for each of the categories.

The different assessmentsThe different assessmentsWant to add a chart for the scores on the levers in this detail view of assessmentsWant to add a chart for the scores on the levers in this detail view of assessments 

Solved Solved
0 4 150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @ali-hussain 

Did you try using a Dashboard view ?

Make sure you check this option:

Aurelien_0-1657341996558.png

For reference:

UX view type: Dashboard - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @ali-hussain 

Did you try using a Dashboard view ?

Make sure you check this option:

Aurelien_0-1657341996558.png

For reference:

UX view type: Dashboard - AppSheet Help

I was thinking about that. But couldn't figure out how to in this scenario. I don't have a slice I can point it to. Don't know how I'd create the slice. I can easily create a filter based on the assessment. But I don't see an option on how to do that when creating a chart to parametrize the filter. I can't put the entries in single rows because the columns are not fixes. 

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Did you have a look to the Dashboard explanation ? 

From my point of view, if you create a dashboard with the views you show in your two first screenshot, it should do the job. 

You may want to share screnshots of your data structure (from your app editor: Data>Columns) if you still don't get it.

Wow. I didn't expect it to work that well. I had looked up the examples under the hood and I thought they were working differently. Need to do some more testing, but I think this is correct.

Top Labels in this Space