Create a google calendar entry from an appsheet custom appointment form

Hello

Is it possible to create a Google Calendar entry from a custom appsheet appointment entry? eg. a form with an appointments start and end date ? 

I have already setup a sync between AppSheets and Google Calendar, which works fine. However i am restricted In the number of fields i can use in  order to match the standard Google Calendar form, 

I've already created an automation that sends an Email whenever I modify the status of an appointment on my appsheet. Can I create or update a similar calendar entry when I change the status of my Appsheet appointment?

i have yet to look at a zapier connection as i was hoping for an internal appsheet function 

Many thanks

George

Solved Solved
0 7 546
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi thanks for getting back 

I was creating a data slice for the google calendar table for another purpose and noticed the Creator column in there . 

So I set the initial value of the 'Creator' column within the Google Calendar Data Table with an email address and now the bot works fine .

Odd how the Action button works without an implicit creator entry and the Bot doesnt . Still, it works . 

Regards

George

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi 

The 'Data: add a new row to another table' action suggestion works good. Google calendar updates when you click on a customised Action button within appsheets 

I tried to replicate this within a Bot that runs whenever my appsheet appointment reaches a certain status - eg booked or rescheduled. 

However the process runs but the calendar doesn't update .  Is it a case of google calendar not allowing updates from an automated bot (?) 

i'm quite content to click a button to update the synced google calendar but i would much rather change a status and it updates the google calendar that way . 

I managed to get an error from an earlier attempt ( please see below ) 

********* Error Message from Bot Monitor view ****

When a APPOINTMENTS record is updated, update google calendar

ID
e1843738-a8cb-4cbf-aa99-758884b17879

Status
Error

Error Message
Call process step with name [Update google calendar process] exited unexpectedly: Error encountered in step with name [New step]: Error: Perform DataAction 'New step Action - 1' failed because Row having key '0095bb33' in table 'Gpro Google Calendar' in field 'Creator' is required to have a value

Created TimeStamp
10/06/2023, 01:56:17 pm

Modified Timestamp
10/06/2023, 01:56:21 pm"

@gjlook wrote:

Is it a case of google calendar not allowing updates from an automated bot (?)

With the caveat I've never used Google Calendar as an app data source, I doubt this is the case.

@gjlook wrote:

field 'Creator' is required to have a value

I don't know exactly what the error represents. Regardless, this column is the place I'd start troubleshooting.

@gjlook wrote:

Call process step

If this is a Call a process step, consider whether that's what you even need. The main use case for this step type is when you need to return a value for subsequent reference. It sounds like all you may need to is execute an action on a row to revise its values.

Hi thanks for getting back 

I was creating a data slice for the google calendar table for another purpose and noticed the Creator column in there . 

So I set the initial value of the 'Creator' column within the Google Calendar Data Table with an email address and now the bot works fine .

Odd how the Action button works without an implicit creator entry and the Bot doesnt . Still, it works . 

Regards

George

Hi 

So if i make a change to my custom appointment table  - i'll use Actions to add a row to the synced Google Calendar table . Ok i 'll see if i'm allowed to do that . 

Many thanks  

George 

Haben Sie folgendes Video schon gesehen: Verbinden und verwalten Sie Ihren Google-Kalender 

Thanks for replying with the link . I think ive found what i was looking for ( see below ) 

Thanks for the support link

Top Labels in this Space