Create a new edit action which performs same action as system generated edit action button

Hey I have a system generated edit action which prepopulates all the data that is present in the view attached and is used to update the existing data. So now, I want a new action button that performs same. I have created a new view and attached to the new edit action, I have used linktoform to pre-populate the existing data, but when I am updating the data using the new edit action. It is creating a new row of data instead of updating the existing data. Can anyone help me with this. Why is this happening and how do I resolve this issue.

Thank you 

0 6 133
6 REPLIES 6

It sounds like you are using the LINKTOFORM() where you should use LINKTOROW() instead.

When I am using the LINKTOROW, it is not pre-populating the existing data, How do I update multiple columns at same time using LINKTOROW, can you give an example. I am unable to get the expected result

Unfortunately you are not able to update column values with the LINKTOROW() with the same way than LINKTOFORM(). One way to update the row is using an action.

I am using an action with linktoform, but creating a new row of data. How to perform same with linktorow to update the data of multiple columns at same time instead of creating whole new row of data.

Thank you @AleksiAlkio ,  I made the changes, it is working. 

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space