Create a new row, monthly -> Is this not possible? Why?

So, I want to have a table with rows that take a monthly snapshot of the values of other tables.  I thought this would be easy, but it seems that time-based triggers can only run "tasks" such as sending an email.  If I want to create a new row, that must be triggered by a data change.  Why is this limitation here? Is there a workaround?

Solved Solved
0 4 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RedVox wrote:

Is there a workaround?

SkrOYC_0-1679060435188.pngThe limitation resides in that actions are called in the context of a row. Check the ForEachRowInTable option and just select one row in the filter condition. May not be the best solution but works.

I also would like this to be solved/fixed/modified to suit for this usecases.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@RedVox wrote:

Is there a workaround?

SkrOYC_0-1679060435188.pngThe limitation resides in that actions are called in the context of a row. Check the ForEachRowInTable option and just select one row in the filter condition. May not be the best solution but works.

I also would like this to be solved/fixed/modified to suit for this usecases.

Thanks!  This should work perfectly.  But, yeah, it's completely unintuitive and I never would have expected clicking ForEachRow to be the missing key.  Awesome!

Looks like, with this solution, I also need to create a one-row table to use as the table in the first step of the bot to ensure it only runs once per trigger.  Is that correct?

Nope, you can use the same table you want to add a row to, just make sure you have at least one

Top Labels in this Space