Create an appsheet Bot to remove records in a table based on a date range

Hello

I am trying to create a Bot to remove records from a calendar table where the calendar start date is before now() and the status is open.

I can't find the right combination. The only one that works is a scheduled bot that deletes records based on criteria. Unfortunately, my app isn't deployed, so a scheduled bot won't run automatically.

Is there another combination I can use?

Many thanks in advance

George

0 2 109
2 REPLIES 2

I believe your understanding is correct that you can automatically delete the old records periodically using only scheduled bots. In turn, scheduled bot runs only for the deployed apps.

As for feasibility of deploying the app, you could evaluate the possibility of deploying the app based on various combinations of subscription or free plans, prototype or deployed  apps discussed and described in detail in the post referred below.

Essentially, I believe you can deploy the app for personal use up to 3 users, but you will need a subscription plan in place. With a free plan,  you cannot deploy the app but use it as prototype ( cannot deploy)  for up  to 10 users. @AleksiAlkio has nicely explained these options  in the post below.

Can someone from the team tell us about this? - Page 2 - Google Cloud Community

Hello
Thanks for coming back.

I've looked into this, including deploying my app temporarily, and I have found the following:

Scheduled bots only work if you are on a paid plan. You can deploy your app on a free plan, but the scheduled bot feature won't work.

My understanding is that you can use a non-deployed prototype version for up to 10 users, including the super admin. Most features are available except for paid plan features.

I don't think you can deploy an app for free if you have more than one user.

I hope i can find another way of automating a tidy-up procedure within Appsheets

Many thanks

George

Top Labels in this Space