Create an undo archive button? (Execute action on a set of rows as an overlay?)

The app I've made has an "inbox" where users can swipe transaction items out of it. Swiping sets an item's IsInbox column to false, and the view is based on a slice that only shows items where IsInbox is true. 

I'd like to create an Undo Archive button which restores to the inbox the last archived transaction. I created a cell in an app-wide table to hold the Id of the last archived item. 

But I can't get the action I made to appear on the Inbox view as an overlay. See screenshot. Is this type of action not allowed? 

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.27.22 AM.png

1) Any primer on what actions are ok and/or how I should think about what AppSheet will let me expose as actions (e.g. on Deck Views vs. Detail views, etc.)? 

2) Any suggestions for how to do this with an action that I _could_ put on the Inbox view? 

Thanks!

Billy

Solved Solved
0 4 204
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Data change actions are row level actions. So in summary views such as table/deck/gallery views they show as inline actions. Is the view Inbox a summary view, then row level data change actions will show in inline position. with each row.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PS - the action is set to always show and Display Overlay. I have also added it to the slice.

When I change it to a different type of action (just to test, like App-goto another view), it does successfully appear on the Inbox. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.40.50 AM.png

Data change actions are row level actions. So in summary views such as table/deck/gallery views they show as inline actions. Is the view Inbox a summary view, then row level data change actions will show in inline position. with each row.

Thanks Suvrutt!

It’s too bad because executing actions on other rows may not even be related to the view I’m looking at and from the deck view, setting a value wouldn’t make sense (since it’s not supposed to be for ‘many’ rows).

Any idea on how I could achieve what I’m trying to do?

thanks again

@1billyfw , Sorry that I did not understand your latest post.  

@1billyfw wrote:

It’s too bad because executing actions on other rows may not even be related to the view I’m looking at

Could you elaborate above?

@1billyfw wrote:

and from the deck view, setting a value wouldn’t make sense (since it’s not supposed to be for ‘many’ rows).

Could you elaborate above? In general, have you evaluated  the INPUT() function?

Use dynamic inputs for data change actions - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space