Create automatic fields

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way for the AppSheet to create fields automatically, for example I have an application that contains a list of activities and for each activity I have a field called Quantity next to the name of the Activity, but if I need to register a new Activity I have to go to the spreadsheet and create another Quantity field along with the name of the new Activity, would there be any way for the AppSheet to get the name of this new Activity and create the automatic Quantity field for me?

Thanks.

Leticia_0-1678975107333.png

Leticia_1-1678975123943.png

Leticia_2-1678975135071.png

Leticia_3-1678975155581.png

Leticia_4-1678975173893.png

Solved Solved
0 4 156
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Short answer.. nope, that's not how the platform works, or any RDB basically.

You need to create as much fields/columns as you need and then you can hide them with Show_If expressions

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Short answer.. nope, that's not how the platform works, or any RDB basically.

You need to create as much fields/columns as you need and then you can hide them with Show_If expressions

Can you share a screenshot showing the structure of your spreadsheet? If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you have a column for each activities' quantity. If so, why not structure the sheet so there is a single field each for activity and quantity (as shown below)?

20230316_AppStructure_01.png

James, thanks for the reply.

You are right I have a column for the amount of each activity.
I understood the solution you gave and I believe that it would apply if the Activity field was of the Enum type, the problem is that I need it to be of the EnumList type and for each selected activity I would have a field for the quantity.

I see. I don't believe there's a way to do this natively in AppSheet the way you describe.

What if, instead, you make the "Activities" a child table of a parent. Then for each record you create you can add multiple activities and a quantity for each of those activities.

Top Labels in this Space