Creating a booking with slots - How to change the status of Availability

I want to create a simple app for internal use. This app will be used at an event for my team, on an iPad, to book clients for my VR activity. 

I kind know what I need to do, but dont know how. I've tried find some solution in the forum, with filter, count, automation but couldnt understand properly how to do it. 

So, I have two spreadsheets. The first one is named "Available Time Slots" and has two columns: "Time Slots" and "Availability". The second spreadsheet, named "Reservations," will have a column "Reserved Time Slot" filled through customer selection from the list Time Slots, along with "Name," "Email," and "Phone."

I want book only one person for slot. As soon a record is added to the "Reservations" spreadsheet the time selected should be unavailable for new registration. Basically just book a time for each person and fill up the basic information.

I guess I need to create an automation or action that change the status of "Availability" to FALSE and somehow create something that will not show this selected time in the list. Whats the best way of doing this? Do I need to add formulas, ref or what? 

Attaching some images.

Don't know if the structure is corrected, is there a easier way of doing it?

Thank you

Captura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 18.12.05.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 18.11.57.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 18.11.15.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 18.13.32.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 17.58.19.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 18.13.45.pngCaptura de Tela 2023-08-18 às 18.13.40.png

Solved Solved
0 4 407
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a guy from india and he help me with that, it was super simple.

We use Auto Compute, and in "Suggested values" we add this formula:

SORT(slot settings [time slots])-Reservations[Time selected]  

So its just showing the time that hasnt been add yet. I add a Format Rule that cross the time that was selected but it's already gone by the time. 

Captura de Tela 2023-08-21 às 14.11.52.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-21 às 14.16.33.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bitte sehen Sie sich das folgende Video an, in dem ein Appsheet-Anfänger seine ersten Aktionen erstellt, um zu verstehen, wie komplex es ist: -->So aktualisieren Sie eine Tabelle mit Formulareinträgen aus einer anderen Tabelle

Thank you for your reply Tommy but It's not what I actually going for.

I dont have people's name but i do have an amount of time slots. And I would like that every time I will add a new person I can select a time slot for that. Do you have any other tutorial doing something like that?

Hier kommt ein weiteres Erklärvideo, das der Sache näher kommt--> Ausführen einer Aktion für eine Reihe von Zeilen 

Siehe auch die Appsheet-Hilfe: Appsheet-Aktion

I found a guy from india and he help me with that, it was super simple.

We use Auto Compute, and in "Suggested values" we add this formula:

SORT(slot settings [time slots])-Reservations[Time selected]  

So its just showing the time that hasnt been add yet. I add a Format Rule that cross the time that was selected but it's already gone by the time. 

Captura de Tela 2023-08-21 às 14.11.52.png

Captura de Tela 2023-08-21 às 14.16.33.png

Top Labels in this Space