Creating an app that uses folder structure

Hello,

I am looking to create a file repository for my company. I am looking for a way to set it up so AppSheets displays folders and subfolders in a google drive folder that you can navigate without leaving AppSheets. Additionally, I'd like to have the functionality of uploading files and creating subfolders without leaving the AppSheets app. Is there a way to do this within AppSheet?

Thanks in advance,

Alden

0 3 202
3 REPLIES 3

@Alden_Orr wrote:

Is there a way to do this within AppSheet?

I believe that you could build such an app but it would be extremely clunky.  AppSheet does not have good hierarchal views and managing the "subfolder" capability would take some effort to achieve.  Especially if you wanted to deal with file movement across folders.  This is one of the few things I think that is not even worth attempting in AppSheet.

I am curious why you want to keep something so common within AppSheet and not use any of the dozen already available, very good, apps to do this?  I believe you could most likely integrate a link to "the other" app to somewhat make that navigation seamless - if that is the concern.

Essentially we need a one-stop shop for filling out forms and submitting paperwork. Some of this paperwork is PDF. We currently have an app that does this but AppSheets gives more control over the forms side of stuff.

This I understand.  Filling in Forms, generating PDF's, saving the resulting files and accessing them IS what AppSheet is good at.  

A File Repository, not so much.

Top Labels in this Space