Current view

Is there such a thing as CONTEXT("View")=[_THIS]? Iโ€™m trying to remove an action button from a specific filtered inline view but leave it in other inline views. Iโ€™ve got this inline view:

3X_1_3_130b59c1c6334ca39ee8b12e539ff2cabff957ff.png

One of my icons leads the user to a different filtered view of the same table. I am trying to remove the icon from this view.

3X_c_d_cdf23e7f0274f714f83caf83fb998e05d4c22e0c.png

This is the target of my action button:
3X_5_a_5acaa4731dfd2024651fc674cb1a9efb85314d83.png

For the behavior of the action button, Iโ€™ve
3X_2_f_2f9fe2d951b5221793871d8576c10a42aeda5bb2.png which does not work.

I need something like NOT(COUNT("CONTEXT("View")=[_THIS])>1))).

0 13 308
  • UX
13 REPLIES 13

May be following expression, even though you may wish to further elaborate on your requirement.

AND( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)= โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€, NOT(IN([_THISROW].[Full Name], SELECT(IFTTT[Full Name], AND([Full Name]=[_THISROW].[Full Name], [_ROWNMBER]<>[_THISROW].[_ROWNUMBER])))))

Good attempt but
AND( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)= โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€, NOT( IN( [_THISROW].[Full Name], SELECT(IFTTT[Full Name], AND( [Full Name]=[_THISROW].[Full Name], [_RowNumber]<>[_THISROW].[_RowNumber] ) ) ) ) )
removes the action button from both views.

Hereโ€™s part of my IFTTT table:

And hereโ€™s my table if itโ€™s helpful

Thank you.

Could you please elaborate more about the two views and what you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to navigate between one deck view to another of the same table. And is the only difference you are expecting between the two views is removal of action? Or are you also looking to have only one row in the view being navigated to?

Iโ€™m just trying to remove the action from one view to another.

Basically, the IFTTT references my main table. In the Details view of my main table, you can see the IFTTT (Pictures) reference.
3X_4_c_4ce0206d898eca0dc8bb1c3b3b0394b1664185c8.png

When you hit view, it pulls out the IFTTT inline view.
3X_e_c_ec8afa24c6adb081ec2d383ca4057640abde8dad.png

This view however does not show all the pictures associated with the same person. (Same person, different address). Therefore, the action button to the filtered view which pulls up all photos associated with the person regardless of address.

3X_f_1_f1086363b1edfcc78e184a5890daf2e9544158fd.png

I do not need the action button to show on this last view as it is referring to itself.

Thank you for more details.

If I have correctly understood your requirement, I believe you wish a certain action in inline views of the IFTTT table only when that inline view is associated with the detail view of the main or parent table. Once the user navigates to the person specific filtered inline view of the table, you do not wish to that action.

If so , I believe you could have the following expression in the condition of that action.

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) = โ€œYour Main or Parent Tableโ€™s Detail View Nameโ€

That is not correct. I do need the action to be viewed in the inline view IF it goes to the specific filtered view LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€, [_THISROW].[Full Name]=[Full Name]). This view may be different from the โ€˜Viewโ€™ text button found at the bottom of the inline view.

3X_d_a_dae6d7717c37e4a8170998025cd7df994218cd02.png

The โ€˜Viewโ€™ text button goes to the expanded view (action button should be here):

3X_b_1_b142727f80695ee73f591ad82f71fac7bcb33431.png

However, my action button goes to LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€, [_THISROW].[Full Name]=[Full Name]) (action button should not be here):

3X_9_b_9be3abcaeefd8e613bf90b740a1d09d881acaa44.png

You can see the additional picture in the filtered inline view (due to different addresses associated to the full name).

Thank you for more details.

Could you share the names of the views in each of the above cases.

However based on description so far, it sounds that you are creating a filtered view on the same inline view (โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€).

If so, please create another inline ref reference view by copying the โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€ view and renaming it say โ€œIFTTT_Inline 2โ€

Now you may have one of the following combinations of expressions in action depending which view the

app picks up as a default inline view when you perform the above. if the above picks up โ€œOrders_Inline 2โ€ view, then use combination 1 below or the combination 2.

Action expression

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€, [_THISROW].[Full Name]=[Full Name])

Action Conditional expression

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œFTTT_Inline 2โ€

1. or following

Action expression

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œIFTTT_Inline 2โ€, [_THISROW].[Full Name]=[Full Name])

Action Conditional expression

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œFTTT_Inlineโ€

Basically based on description so far, it sounds that you need to have another inline view available for filtered view navigation so that CONTEXT() expression can be used to hide the said action in one of those two views.

Not sure what this means:

However based on description so far, it sounds that you are creating a filtered view on the same inline view (โ€œIFTTT_Inlineโ€).

I donโ€™t think so. I created a duplicate action and they both show.

The first picture has a view of Form Responses_Detail and the 2nd and 3rd pictures I are coming from IFTTT_Inline but different filters are applied.

Thank you. What I mean is since your second and third view are based on the same inline view, we may not be able to hide action based on CONTEXT() because essentially filtered as well as non filtered view are based on same view.

I believe you may create another inline view as suggested and use approach described in previous post.

Oh okay, I guess I canโ€™t do it. I tried the 2nd inline view approach and I just run into the same problem.

Oh okay. I am sorry to know that. I had tested it on a test app with similar setup before suggesting approach, but may be I am also missing some of your input.

I believe the difficulty is that if I get it working for the above use case โ€ฆ then a use case where the same person with the same address has multiple pictures, then the action button is either always hidden, or never hidden.

You may wish to elaborate what you mean by

Do you mean using two views as suggested?

In this case how the three views behave when one address has multiple pictures.

In general, if address is another qualifying parameter , may be you could include [Address] also in the LINKTOFILTERED () and action conditions such as [Address]=[_THISROW].[Address] etc.

Top Labels in this Space