Custom Dropdowns based on user input

Kia ora Everyone 

I have created a project management app (Which is awesome).  But now when I add a new task, and I have selected the client, I only want to see the work streams related to that client.  

I have tried with ChatGPT to troubleshoot and have tried several different options, but none of them have the desired result.  

Can anyone help?

Ngฤ mihi 

B.

Solved Solved
0 10 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's great, now, in your form you first select the client and then want to pick from one of his workstreams, yes?

Try this expression in your "suggested values" for the workstreams column in your task table:

[Client ID].[Related Workstream]

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello there @bjames 

I'm gonna need a lot more information to be able to give you a concrete response:

1. In "selected the client" I'm guessing you picked the client using a ref column? what are the names of the columns in your "Tasks" table?
  2. What do you mean by "work streams" exactly? I'm guessing it must be a table, what are its columns?

Arohamai, I should have been more descriptive.

Am I able to share the Google Sheet here so you can see the tables I'm referring to?  Then it might be easier to explain what i am trying to do?

I believe a few screenshots should do the trick, I only need to know what are the columns in the "work stream" you refer to, as well as the columns in your "task" table.

I think I have to do them one by one.  Here is the client table: 

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.44.40 AM.png

Here is the workstream table: Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.44.47 AM.png

and here is the tasks table: Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.45.14 AM.png

Does that help?

That's great, now, in your form you first select the client and then want to pick from one of his workstreams, yes?

Try this expression in your "suggested values" for the workstreams column in your task table:

[Client ID].[Related Workstream]

You my friend are a bloody genius, that has worked perfectly, and so simple too!  I literally spent 2 hours with ChatGPT in the early hours of this morning trying to make that work.  5mins with your help and boom!  Thanks heaps mate I really appreciate it.  Ngฤ mihi, B.

No problem, I'm glad it worked, please mark the relevant answer as "solution" so in the future others who might have a similar issue such as yours may find it quickly

Top Labels in this Space