Custom Order Form

I have a table

Purchase Order[Order Date, PO ID, Customer Name] and

Purchase Order Details [Order Detail Id, PD ID(Ref to Purchase Order Table), Product Name]

I am trying to create a form Purchase Order Detail Form where I can select the PO ID from List of Purchase Orders  instead of manually writting the PO ID to link it to the Purchase Order. Is It Possible?

Solved Solved
0 1 151
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The typical way to implement this is to create a "tightly coupled" Parent/Child relationship between the two tables.  To do this, go to the PO ID column in your Purchase Order Details table and turn ON the "Is part of" setting.  Then make sure that the Purchase Order Form includes the [Related Purchase Order Details] column. 

Doing these things will automatically include an Inline table in the Purchase Order Form to allow you to insert the Purchase Order Details for THAT order.  Tapping the "New" button will open the Purchase Order Details Form and automatically assign the PO ID value for you.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The typical way to implement this is to create a "tightly coupled" Parent/Child relationship between the two tables.  To do this, go to the PO ID column in your Purchase Order Details table and turn ON the "Is part of" setting.  Then make sure that the Purchase Order Form includes the [Related Purchase Order Details] column. 

Doing these things will automatically include an Inline table in the Purchase Order Form to allow you to insert the Purchase Order Details for THAT order.  Tapping the "New" button will open the Purchase Order Details Form and automatically assign the PO ID value for you.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space