Customize Inline View Actions

I have an inline view of a many to many relation table that allows viewing the relationships with the selected record to the related items in a different table (top item in pic). I created a slice which only shows the related key in the other table, but the โ€˜viewโ€™ and โ€˜addโ€™ actions still point to actions in the related table (middle item in pic). I then added another virtual column that pulls only the keys in the other table via a select formula and displays a table with the column names in the other table vs the bridge table (bottom item in pic). I would like the bottom item of the pic to display, however since the formula is based on a select the view and add actions only point to the end table displayed here, however I would like those actions to point to the bridge table actions instead. Is this possible and how would this get accomplished?

0 6 435
6 REPLIES 6

I donโ€™t quite understand the statement above. Do you mean you just want the โ€œAddโ€ button on the 2nd table (Permits) only?

So I am in โ€˜detailโ€™ view of the TWUA table, the top and middle shows the relationship table TWUA - Permit, and the bottom shows just the Permit via a select statement. By design of the inline views the top and middle view and add actions allow me to view/delete/add records in the TWUA - Permit table. The bottom inline view shows the related record in the Permit table and the view/add actions allow me to only work on records in the Permit table. However I would like to be able to show only the bottom (Permit table) record, but have the view and add actions behave like they would for the TWUA - Permit table instead. I hope that makes more sense. Sorry for the confussion.

Based on my experience, you can change the behavior of the โ€œAddโ€ button (LINKTOFORM), but for the view, I think, no, because you are viewing the โ€œselectedโ€ table.

Would you be able to tell me where I need to go to change the behavior for that inline view โ€˜addโ€™ button. I think if I would modify the action button in the system generated actions under the Permit table, wouldnโ€™t it get changed globally?

Yes, it will be changed globally but you can set some condition like CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) = view_name

You cannot change the View or Add actions. They are not the generic system generated actions.

Top Labels in this Space