Customize Inline View Actions

I have an inline view of a many to many relation table that allows viewing the relationships with the selected record to the related items in a different table (top item in pic). I created a slice which only shows the related key in the other table, but the ‘view’ and ‘add’ actions still point to actions in the related table (middle item in pic). I then added another virtual column that pulls only the keys in the other table via a select formula and displays a table with the column names in the other table vs the bridge table (bottom item in pic). I would like the bottom item of the pic to display, however since the formula is based on a select the view and add actions only point to the end table displayed here, however I would like those actions to point to the bridge table actions instead. Is this possible and how would this get accomplished?

0 6 428
6 REPLIES 6

I don’t quite understand the statement above. Do you mean you just want the “Add” button on the 2nd table (Permits) only?

So I am in ‘detail’ view of the TWUA table, the top and middle shows the relationship table TWUA - Permit, and the bottom shows just the Permit via a select statement. By design of the inline views the top and middle view and add actions allow me to view/delete/add records in the TWUA - Permit table. The bottom inline view shows the related record in the Permit table and the view/add actions allow me to only work on records in the Permit table. However I would like to be able to show only the bottom (Permit table) record, but have the view and add actions behave like they would for the TWUA - Permit table instead. I hope that makes more sense. Sorry for the confussion.

Based on my experience, you can change the behavior of the “Add” button (LINKTOFORM), but for the view, I think, no, because you are viewing the “selected” table.

Would you be able to tell me where I need to go to change the behavior for that inline view ‘add’ button. I think if I would modify the action button in the system generated actions under the Permit table, wouldn’t it get changed globally?

Yes, it will be changed globally but you can set some condition like CONTEXT(“View”) = view_name

You cannot change the View or Add actions. They are not the generic system generated actions.

Top Labels in this Space