Hello! Can I have design in appsheet form something like this?sd.jpg

Solved Solved
0 6 336
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SkrOYC wrote:

What about table views? 🤔

Just kidding

While I know you are kidding I do want to give a serious response so that others are not confused by the terminology.  

A table view has a single view column.  It houses a table.  the table has one or more columns.

By multi-column view, I am referring to the ability to specify multiple "presentation" columns into which you place different presentation items - table, fields, labels, other views.

And now that I think about it  Dashboard views can specify multiple presentation columns - so i need to amend my answer.

See and you probably thought your joke wouldn't add any value!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

No.  AppSheet does not currently support multi-column views.

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

No.  AppSheet does not currently support multi-column views.

While my response above was primarily aimed at single Form and single Detail views having multiple presentation columns,  I didn't think about Dashboard views which will allow you to place multiple views together.

You can't get exactly what you are envisioning with a Dashboard view but you may be able to make a compromise to achieve the same goal - showing multiple fields of information at once without the need to scroll. 

For example, maybe you make one view that shows a certain named group of row details and a second view that shows a different named group of row details. Then present them in a Dashboard view side-by-side.

I was wondering about using a dashboard but when I add in view entries, it doesn't support a form type

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

does not currently support multi-column views

Just kidding

@SkrOYC wrote:

Just kidding

While I know you are kidding I do want to give a serious response so that others are not confused by the terminology.  

A table view has a single view column.  It houses a table.  the table has one or more columns.

By multi-column view, I am referring to the ability to specify multiple "presentation" columns into which you place different presentation items - table, fields, labels, other views.

And now that I think about it  Dashboard views can specify multiple presentation columns - so i need to amend my answer.

See and you probably thought your joke wouldn't add any value!

I have an idea, let me try this

Top Labels in this Space