Customize "From" name

I have this set to update to the Current User's name as defined in their Google account. It works most of the time, but recently I have noticed in some cases it is placing my name (I am the AppSheet administrator). People that receive the emails are confused because it looks like the email is coming from me, but the body of the email has the information for the person from our office that is actually sending it. Is there another way to ensure the Current User's name is used?

Solved Solved
0 1 289
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sounds like you're referencing a Send an email task in an automation. If the expression in the Customize "From" name property doesn't reliably return the name you want but an expression in the task's body property or template does, then evaluate what's different between those expression. One detail to check is whether the expression references the current user, potentially via the USEREMAIL function; if it's a scheduled automation, it runs in the name of the app creator.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

It sounds like you're referencing a Send an email task in an automation. If the expression in the Customize "From" name property doesn't reliably return the name you want but an expression in the task's body property or template does, then evaluate what's different between those expression. One detail to check is whether the expression references the current user, potentially via the USEREMAIL function; if it's a scheduled automation, it runs in the name of the app creator.

Top Labels in this Space