DATE PLUS TO CHANNEL WISE NUMBER OF DAYS

I want [date] to be plus [NUMBER OF DAYS] if [channel] of the reference sheet and [channel] of the main sheet are equal.

REF SHEET:- DAY COUNT

CHANNELNUMBER OF DAYS
Adidas42
New Balance4
Converse12
Vans7
Reebok2
Puma7
Saucony3

Like this.

like thislike this

0 16 240
16 REPLIES 16

@Sirfyaad try this: `[Date] + LOOKUP([Channel], Table Reference, Channel, Number of Days)`

[DATE] + LOOKUP([Channel], Day Count,Channel, NUMBER OF DAYS)

(The value of column 'DATE' + One randomly chosen value from this list (
........The list of values of column 'NUMBER OF DAYS'
........from rows of table 'Day Count'
........where this condition is true: ((The value of column 'CHANNEL') is equal to (The value of column 'CHANNEL'))))
Test
open_in_new

NOT working showing only date. @rmsmeltz @Joseph_Seddik 

The function that I have done, it is giving only current date. @Joseph_Seddik @rmsmeltz 

Did you try to implement the solution I gave you? Is there something you donโ€™t understand in my reply so that I can try to explain better?

All the methods you mentioned. I tried to swim but did not succeed. I want you to tell why this expression is not working. Here, the expression is giving only the current date only. 

@Sirfyaad wrote:

[DATE] + LOOKUP([Channel], Day Count,Channel, NUMBER OF DAYS) (The value of column 'DATE' + One randomly chosen value from this list ( ........The list of values of column 'NUMBER OF DAYS' ........from rows of table 'Day Count' ........where this condition is true: ((The value of column 'CHANNEL') is equal to (The value of column 'CHANNEL')))) Test open_in_new

Your reference sheet app table should have a key column and your CHANNEL column in this table should be marked as Label.

In the main sheet, the column CHANNEL should be a Ref  pointing to the reference sheet app table. This column would contain the key column values in reference sheet, but users will see the values of the Label column. 

With this, you can use the following app formula in your EXPIRED DATE column: [DATE] + [CHANNEL].[NUMBER OF DAYS]

I want sum on this conditoin.

CHANNELNUMBER OF DAYS
Adidas42
New Balance4
Converse12
Vans7
Reebok2
Puma7
Saucony3

I already gave you the answer in detail. Is there something you don't understand?

You are so kind to help. But till now its solution has not been found. Please help me a little more to solve this. I want [number of days] in [date] to be plus when [channel] is equal [channel].

See Below Expression:-

[DATE] + LOOKUP([Channel], Day Count,Channel, NUMBER OF DAYS)

(The value of column 'DATE' + One randomly chosen value from this list (

........The list of values of column 'NUMBER OF DAYS'

........from rows of table 'Day Count'

........where this condition is true: ((The value of column 'CHANNEL') is equal to (The value of column 'CHANNEL'))))

Test

I'm glad to help you out. Please try to implement the following solution one step at a time and tell me if you have difficulties:

1. Your reference sheet app table should have a key column and your CHANNEL column in this table should be marked as Label.
  2. In the main sheet, the column CHANNEL should be a Ref  pointing to the reference sheet app table. This column would contain the key column values in reference sheet, but users will see the values of the Labelcolumn. 
  3. With this, you can use the following app formula in your EXPIRED DATE column: [DATE] + [CHANNEL].[NUMBER OF DAYS]

[DATE] + LOOKUP([Channel], Day Count, Channel, NUMBER OF DAYS)

tell me about this function, he function that I have done, it is giving only current date. why

@Joseph_Seddik @rmsmeltz 

I don't know. I've never used LOOKUP() and you don't need it. 

[DATE] + [CHANNEL].[NUMBER OF DAYS]
Column CHANNEL in expression '[CHANNEL].[NUMBER OF DAYS]' does not contain a reference

Do the three steps in order, not just the last one. 

@Sirfyaad wrote:

CHANNELNUMBER OF DAYSAdidas42New Balance4Converse12Vans7Reebok2Puma7Saucony3

I want to sum in on its wase.

What?

Top Labels in this Space