DISPLAY MODE: RANGE

Hi everyone, I have this problem: I have a database with 2 tables. 1 # CAMPAIGN, 2 # LANDS.
CAMPAIGN has these columns: ID, DATE, OPERATOR, INTERVENTION, TREATED AREA. LANDS has these columns: ID, NAME, AREA. I should set the CAMPAIGN [TREATED AREA] field with a tick if everything has been treated (and that therefore the value of LANDS [AREA] is reported to the database), but that the user can manually enter a numeric value if there is no tick (not higher than LANDS [AREA]). I had also thought about a view of type range, but how do I set the maximum value that is not higher than the LAND [AREA] field?
thanks to anyone who can help me AND SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

Solved Solved
0 5 348
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe you need a column in CAMPAIGN that references LANDS.

Let's call it [LAND]

Then the valid-if of  [TREATED AREA] should have

[_THIS] <= [LAND].[AREA]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Need a bit of clarification..

CAMPAIGN [TREATED AREA] <= a YES/NO type? (guessing from you are ticking this)

manually enter a numeric value <= which column are you entering value?

LANDS [AREA] <= this is a constant? (guessing from "not higher than LANDS [AREA]")

CAMPAIGN [TREATED AREA] <= it would be a decimal numeric value indicating the surface

inserisci manualmente un valore numerico <= CAMPAIGN [TREATED AREA]

LANDS [AREA] <= decimal numeric value indicating the surface of the specific land

in practice I have to speed up the insertion of the field CAMPAIGN [TREATED AREA] , avoiding as much as possible to have a smartphone write a decimal number.

I believe you need a column in CAMPAIGN that references LANDS.

Let's call it [LAND]

Then the valid-if of  [TREATED AREA] should have

[_THIS] <= [LAND].[AREA]

Ok thank.

then can I set the column [TREATED AREA] with Range display?

and his maximum value would be that of [_THIS] <= [LAND]. [AREA]?

You can set your own error message when the user enters a value larger than what you set.

Top Labels in this Space