Daily Check To See If Requests Are Awaiting Assignment

This should be straightforward, but I'm having issues.

I want to have an automation run daily at noon.  It checks to see if a given request has a [Status] = 1. New and the time is 24 hours past the [Submission Date].  I have it look at each row of the main table titled Entries.

I get an error saying the event and process are not compatible.  The output of the Event and the Input of the Process must be the same table.  I looked and both are set for the same Table.

I have a Core account through my employer.  I say that because I saw other messages saying you needed at least Core for scheduled automation.

Any help would be appreciated,

Sean

0 8 87
8 REPLIES 8

If you use a schedule for your bot event then you also have to turn on 'for each row in table', otherwise the process is incompatible. If you are just trying to email a summary to someone on a schedule, then I would suggest turning off the 'for each row in table', but you also can't use a column value [this column] in your email template. Please describe in more detail what you are trying to accomplish and maybe a screenshot to provide better guidance.

Hello Markus,

The process is that someone will place a request into my system.  They need to set the Staus to 1. New.  They proceed to fill out the request and save it.  An auto-email will go out saying that a new request has been submitted and needs to be accepted.  I would like a Bot to check every day at Noon to see if any requests are still in 1. New status and are 24 hours old.  If both conditions are met, an email goes back out reminding everyone there is still an outstanding request in the system.

Below are some screenshots:

Scooter093_0-1710359013264.pngScooter093_1-1710359251662.png

Scooter093_2-1710359333101.png

Scooter093_3-1710359365034.png

Just a heads up, when using a scheduled event with 'for each row in table' turned on it will send an email for every single row that is returned after your filter is applied. This is where you would want to determine if you need to send out just one email with a summary of how many rows meet that condition, or if you really want to send 20 emails if your filter returns 20 rows that match that condition.

One additional item to observe, I'm surprised that this didn't give you an error actually, is that I think your filter condition needs to be this:

AND([Status] = "1. NEW",[Submission Date]=([Submission Date]+1))

I would also suggest making this a slice of your table and then working against the slice instead of the whole table. Let me know though if this is supposed to be a single email per day or if you want an email for each row that meets the filter.

Hi Markus,

I like the daily one-email summary approach.  I created a slice based on the expression in your last email from yesterday.

How do I want to revise my current Bot to email a daily summary by using the newly created slice?

For starters your bot condition should be set to:

ISNOTBLANK(YourSliceName[YourKeyColumn])

Then in your email settings choose whatever you want in the subject line. In any text in the email template you can use <<COUNT(YourSliceName[YourKeyColumn])>> to say things like you have X whatever in this status. You could make an Excel sheet attachment with all the rows in the slice, or you could create a hyperlink in the email that would take the email recipient to the relevant view within your application. I can provide some additional guidance depending on what you would like to do here.

I think the hyperlink approach is worth exploring further.

I use a google doc as a template for the email body because otherwise the hyperlink is the entire url of the view and does not have the standard hyperlink style to it. So I use this in the template body:

<<HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("https://www.appsheet.com/start/", "YourAppID", “?refresh=1&wipe=1”, LINKTOVIEW("Your View")), “Text for Hyperlink”)>>

My apologies for leaving you hanging on this.  I'm going to work with the hyperlink route and see how far I go with it.

Thank you for taking the time to help me,

Sean

Top Labels in this Space