Dashboard help

I’ve created an app to track work across many construction projects. Each project might consist of one or more site and each site will have one or more pieces of equipment.

I would like to be able to achieve the following on a dashboard:

1. I would like to have a map that shows a marker for each construction site. I would like to be able to filter by project to only show sites for the selected project.
  2. I would like to be able to select a site on the map and have a table shown below the map that shows equipment for the selected site.

Is any of that achievable?

Solved Solved
0 2 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It can be achieved and it is not very difficult.

It is necessary to define three different tables to store the information: projects, sites and team with the hierarchy projects > sites > equipement where the daughter table has the ID of the parent table.

The sites table has a longitude and latitude field to store the location.

A dashboard must be configured with 3 - 4 views nested more or less like this:

• Projects, table view or deck view
  • Sites, table view or deck view (optional)
  • Sites, map view made on longlat field
  • Equipment, table view

With the search engine you can filter on the complete dashboard and when you choose a project you will see the sites and equipment on the map and on the tables.

In the example, the filtered records are those shown on the map

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It can be achieved and it is not very difficult.

It is necessary to define three different tables to store the information: projects, sites and team with the hierarchy projects > sites > equipement where the daughter table has the ID of the parent table.

The sites table has a longitude and latitude field to store the location.

A dashboard must be configured with 3 - 4 views nested more or less like this:

• Projects, table view or deck view
  • Sites, table view or deck view (optional)
  • Sites, map view made on longlat field
  • Equipment, table view

With the search engine you can filter on the complete dashboard and when you choose a project you will see the sites and equipment on the map and on the tables.

In the example, the filtered records are those shown on the map

Thank you for taking the time to put that together and share. That’s what I needed to see and understand.

Top Labels in this Space