Data Change BEFORE / AFTER not recognized

I am trying to trigger an email based on an update to a column eg ACTIVE whenever the user toggles the value on a table (MS SQL server) using โ€œData changeโ€/โ€œUpdates onlyโ€

I have

and([_THISROW_AFTER].ACTIVE=true,[_THISROW_BEFORE].ACTIVE=true)

in the log I can see โ€œmatchesConditionโ€:'false"

I change it to:

and([_THISROW_AFTER].ACTIVE=true,[_THISROW_BEFORE].ACTIVE=true, true)

and still the same.

If I explicitly use the field name [TABLE].ACTIVE it works, but now of course it sends an email every time any column in the row changes, whilst the field is ACTIVE.

0 4 193
4 REPLIES 4

Try this:
[_THISROW_AFTER].[ACTIVE] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[ACTIVE]

This is invalid because the formula basically says the result is true if [Active] was true before and true after

This is the same as above but now youโ€™ve added a 3 variable to the AND() condition which is always true and therefore irrelevant.

This is ok if you just want to record that it has changed

But youโ€™ll need to modify @Fernando_Lopez forumula to something like this if you want it to trigger once its changed to something specific

AND(
[_THISROW_AFTER].[ACTIVE] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[ACTIVE],
[_THISROW_AFTER].[ACTIVE] ="foo"
)

Simon@1minManager.com

thank you for your full answer which explains things very well.

Actually I had

AND([ACTIVE]=true,[_THISROW_BEFORE].ACTIVE=false) to detect change from false to true and that didnt work. The post is a typo.

the additional true was to prove emails went out which is a stupid mistake.

The suggested solution works fine and your amendment to FErnandoโ€™s expression qill do what I want.

Hi @rschnell

I read too fast, I believed you did not succeed into implementing @1minManager solution.
You may want to tick its as solution of this thread;)

Just, as reference, I suggest tou have a look there:

Top Labels in this Space