Data Organization Question #1

I Have been building/tweaking my app for several months now and as it has grow in complexity/size

Right now I am at 31 tables.

I pondered a few potential change for me to consider and I thought it would be better to ask the community for their opinions on the topic individually .

My first one is this,

I am using google sheets as my data source.

Is it better to have
a: Multiple workbooks with single worksheets
b: Single Workbook with multiple worksheets

0 2 124
2 REPLIES 2

Appsheet personnel have previously stated that option b provides a marginal performance boost, although I cannot find this statement at the time.

I donโ€™t believe that performance gain is anything to write home about though, unless for example one of the loaded tables is in a spreadsheet file with many extraneous tabs that arenโ€™t required for the app.

Iโ€™ve also found that when you have so many tables, itโ€™s hard to navigate them in Google Sheets unless they are in multiple files.

And 31 tables is a lot for a single app. Have you considered breaking up the functionality of the app into multiple smaller apps?

Thanks for the response Marc,

Yeah I have been working on breaking it into a collection of smaller apps.

The original just kept growing as I figured out how to make things work the way I wanted.

I am trying it with option B and smaller apps.

Thus far I have been able to reduce my sync times 40-50% and even more (75-80%) if I remove my charts.

Top Labels in this Space