Data being entered from app to google sheet issue

CMD
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hey there. I'm pretty new to Appsheet and am not really a programmer. So i'm not 100% sure if my explanation will be sufficient. 

I have built a sercive booking/job system in appsheet. This used to be done on a single excel spreadsheet with the first row being the number, then subsequent info like: Make/model, Name, email, issue, etc. 

We turned the excel spreadsheet into a google sheet and use appsheet to interface with the google sheet instead of manually putting in data. We used to have to enter in the customers full name, email and phone number for every job and it was very fustrating that the system did not remember any customer details. So I made a separate table within appsheet that looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 11.36.09 AM.png

โ€ƒThe data is being inputted to the sheet like this:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 11.38.18 AM.png

Assigning a uniqueid and only showing this in the customer name field.

The column "Customer Name" is a ref to the above table and is set up in appsheet like this:

CMD_0-1701297664724.png

Set up of the google sheet Customer Name row in Appsheet:

CMD_0-1701298420143.png

I would like the customer name in the google sheet to show the customer's name and not the uniqueid assigned to that customer's entry in the original table. This is because the system can print labels from the google sheet using a template: 

CMD_1-1701298197172.png

But now the label is showing the customers uniquid instead of the name.

Any help here would be appreciated.

0 1 115
1 REPLY 1

Hey man,

use [Customer Name].[Full Name] instead.

Cheers

Top Labels in this Space