Data display or sync problem. Reloading browser page

I have a rather long form (Parent) which I have divided into two parts. The second part of the form should contain pre-filled records of the child table (based on the info from the first part). On Form Saved of the form first part, I execute two actions:

1. With workflow I generate several pre-filled child table records (โ€œis a partโ€ of the Parent)
  2. I turn to the second part with an action
    LINKTOROW([_THISROW].[Id],โ€œSecond partโ€)&"&at="&(NOW()+1) (with sync)

In the second part of the form, I expect to see pre-filled child table records, but they only appear when the page is manually refreshed in the browser (by pressing F5).

Any solution or clue will be greatly appreciated!

Yurii

0 5 292
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You statements are inconsistent. You refer to Form Saved, but also to workflow. Are you using workflows (as configured in Behavior >> Workflow in the app editor), or just actions?

I slightly simplified the description of the entire process of generating child table records. In fact, the first mentioned above action is the trigger for the workflow (described in more detail in this post ).

Child table records are added as expected, there are no questions about this.

The question is why they are not displayed immediately when I go to the second part of the form, which includes the field [Related Child_Records]?
And after refreshing the page(F5) or even after just selecting the values of other fields on thั–s second part of the form, [Related Child_records] are immediately displayed.

Thank you in advance.

A workflow is performed by the server when the app syncs. Until that sync occurs, the user wonโ€™t see the new values.

Because a workflow occurs on the server and not within the app itself, the workflow cannot navigate the user to a different view, as you may be attempting. The navigation action needs to be performed from the app itself, not as part of a workflow.

Remove [_THISROW]. from the LINKTOROW() expression.

Thank you for you time, Steve.
As far as I understood, removing [_THISROW] is not a solution to my problem, but just advice. At least it did not helpโ€ฆ

Correct. Its presence could cause problems, though.

Otherwise, where do you stand now?

Top Labels in this Space