Data in virtual column

Hello! What formula can I use to fill a virtual column with data from a column in another table?

Solved Solved
0 13 364
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does your original table (REPORT) in which you have added the virtual column contain any data i.e. rows. Pls share  a screenshot of that table as well. 

If that table is empty, then Tesing Expressions won't show any result as the table does not contain any rows to show eventhough the Table you are getting data from in the Virtual Column contains data. 

If this is the case, try adding a dummy row in the REPORT table and then try it again.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

TableName[ColumnName] will give a list of all values in that column of the specified table. If you want some specific items from that column you can use functions such as

SELECT() - AppSheet Help

LOOKUP() - AppSheet Help

Why is it empty...

1.jpg2.jpg

Have you saved the app before testing the expression. Try saving the app with the expression and viewing again.

Yes, saved

Can you pls share a screenshot of the column which you refering 

4.jpg.

3.jpg

Does your original table (REPORT) in which you have added the virtual column contain any data i.e. rows. Pls share  a screenshot of that table as well. 

If that table is empty, then Tesing Expressions won't show any result as the table does not contain any rows to show eventhough the Table you are getting data from in the Virtual Column contains data. 

If this is the case, try adding a dummy row in the REPORT table and then try it again.

Also, does the ะขะพะฒะฐั€ั‹ table have a security filter?

And where to see it?

If you don't know where to see this feature, then likely you haven't used it.

It's a property available for every table.

dbaum_0-1663331997625.png

LOOKUP function you can use.

If I'm not mistaken, then LOOKUP will only return the value of the row, not the entire column

Then use select() function.

Top Labels in this Space