Data validation and lookup

I m creating an app for shop floor maintenance activity.

a new complaint is to be raised, by submitting form.

During form submission, I need 2 dropdown list of names 1. Complaint raised 2. Responsible person.

I Created separate table for data validation
Tried with validif function but it allots second name by default which is in the row of first name. I need two independent dropdowns

Also, after names, I have email and phone, which I want to be fetched automatically once name is chosen from dropdown. This is simply not happening with lookup().

Lookup ((complaint raiser), โ€œvalidif_refโ€, โ€œcomplaintraiserโ€, โ€œEmailโ€)

Thank you in advance
Regards,
Sarang

0 5 153
5 REPLIES 5

Some screenshots may be helpful to understand more precisely. By the way, Is โ€œvalidif_refโ€ name of a table?

Line 5. โ€ฆ it allots second name by default.โ€ฆ Couldnโ€™t understand this statement.

Dependent and Independent Dropdown expression is completely different. If any object is coded as a dependent, it shouldnโ€™t be converted to independent dropdown automatically, and vice versa. So far I know. So, need to recheck the expression codes.

Resolved
I started with fresh Google sheet.
Probably there was something wrong with sheet only

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Read the help doc.

Steve
I entered
Lookup((complaint raiser),"validif_ref ","Email id ",โ€œEmail Idโ€)
Formula is accepted
But it is fetching default 1st row values from validif_ref table irrespective of the dropdown " complaint raiser " value chosen

Read. The. Doc.

Top Labels in this Space