Database pricing

If I change my app from using Google Sheets to use a MySQL database, how much does it cost?

I already sent an email to sales@appsheet.com but they havent got back to me.

1 4 508
4 REPLIES 4

Well in order to use a MySQL database youโ€™ll need to be on a business plan, and thereโ€™s no straight forward answer there as the end monthly price depends on many factors.

Some of the factors that play into the cost (full discosure, I donโ€™t work for appsheet so Iโ€™m not privy to any of their internal knowledge, etc.):

• Number of users
  • Number of apps
  • The type of features used

This is why itโ€™s necessary to speak with someone from the sales team, all the moving parts. Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™ll be with you soon.

Dear @MultiTech_Visions

I know there is no straightforward answer, which personally I think would be a nice thing: You know what features you want and how much it costs. Before posting I noticed there was a feature request to put rdbms connections back into PRO plans, and I also noted the amount of support that feature request had, but I think at the end of the day AppSheet will do what is in the best interests of themselves, and I understand that.

I developed my app for a charity Im part of (25 users), and there are various โ€˜chaptersโ€™ or organisational units of the same charity throughout Brazil. I tried sharing my app with another chapter, but after using it for a while the number of users became a problem, and they decided to go with a different app. I thought about modifying my app so that more than one unit could use it, paying for a PRO plan out of my own pocket, and I wanted to have something more robust than Google sheets since it potentially be used by many units, hence RDBMS. But then AppSheet changed the subscription pricing rules. But I thought I would just ask the question anyway to get an idea.

Thanks for responding.

AppSheet does provide discounts for charities. That would be one of the things they will consider.

Hi David,

Ginny Coleman, our Account Executive, will be in touch with you soon to learn more about your use case and discuss subscription options!

Top Labels in this Space