One form to raise all the parts required

Basically as sample below

Part NumberDescritionQuantity
111Description 1101
222Description 2102
333Description 3103

0 1 80
1 REPLY 1

Basically an input TABLE rather than an input FORM.  This is not yet natively supported in AppSheet.  However, AppSheet does support editable Table Views and you could construct something that will work from that - with some effort.

CAUTION:  QuickEdit Table Views (an option in each table view)  is still considered in BETA.

The QuickEdit Table View will allow a user to go through a set of rows make changes to ANY of the editable columns.  Then with a single tap on Save all changed rows are updated.  Note that each row is STILL an individual row in your datasource.

In your use case you could pre-insert a set of rows for entry and then display them in a QuickEdit Table view to allow the user to quickly and easily make all their updates.  The BIG question is - How many rows do you pre-insert? 

If you have a way to determine the exact number of rows then you are all set.  Pre-insert that number of rows into your table and navigate to the Table view for those rows in QuickEdit.

If you don't know how many rows upfront then you can simply ask how many are needed and then generate from there.

OR you could just pre-insert a larger number of rows than needed but this gets tricky because you'll want to "clean-up" after and while it can be done, it won't be easy.  There is no way to attach actions to a Save on QuickEdit.  So the only way to get AUTOMATIC access to the data after Save is through Bots and this would be done row-by-row.  All is not lost, you can get creative  for ways to identify not-needed rows and delete them.

For better or worse, I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space