Date Auto update issue

I want that when I enter any data in the [table Person name], the [sticker complete date] should be auto filled.

IMG_20230203_082040.jpg

Solved Solved
0 3 117
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sirfyaad wrote:

But when my user enters the data in the form, the date automatically appears in both date columns.

If you don't want the date to be the column's initial value, then clear the column's initial value property.

@Sirfyaad wrote:

I want that on whatever day I edit the [sticker person], the date of the same bin should be entered in the [sticker complete date] column.

I don't know what you mean by "bin". Nonetheless, it sounds like you may be able to accomplish what you want by applying the technique I described but correcting it for whatever mistakes it reflects in my misunderstanding of which columns you're referencing and what data you want. Perhaps you're looking for the following:

In the [sticker complete date] column, enter an initial value expression like the following:

IFS(ISNOTBLANK([Sticker Person]), TODAY())

Enter a reset on edit expression like the following:

AND(ISBLANK([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Sticker Person]), ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW_AFTER].[Sticker Person]))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In the [sticker complete date] column, enter an initial value expression like the following:

IFS(ISNOTBLANK([table Person name]), "Sticker Complete")

AND(ISBLANK([_THISROW_BEFORE].[table Person name]), ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW_AFTER].[table Person name]))

6259.png

@dbaum  Thank you for your reply. I have two date columns in my sheet. But when my user enters the data in the form, the date automatically appears in both date columns.

I want that on whatever day I edit the [sticker person], the date of the same bin should be entered in the [sticker complete date] column. 

@Sirfyaad wrote:

But when my user enters the data in the form, the date automatically appears in both date columns.

If you don't want the date to be the column's initial value, then clear the column's initial value property.

@Sirfyaad wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "bin". Nonetheless, it sounds like you may be able to accomplish what you want by applying the technique I described but correcting it for whatever mistakes it reflects in my misunderstanding of which columns you're referencing and what data you want. Perhaps you're looking for the following:

IFS(ISNOTBLANK([Sticker Person]), TODAY())

AND(ISBLANK([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Sticker Person]), ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW_AFTER].[Sticker Person]))
Top Labels in this Space