Date Format Not updated in Pdf

I am Changed The Date Format to the app localization (old date format MM/DD/YY to New date format DD/MM/YY)...Its working good in appsheet Form And detail view.but not update in pdf creation(Old Date Format will be folllowed)...Please any one Explain...Its very urgent for me.....

Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 4 558
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Date format can indeed be tricky to find where exactly the source of issue lies.

For  a quick solution , in the template you could try to convert the date in the desired format by using TEXT() function. 

So in template you could use TEXT([Date Column], "DD/MM/YYYY") 

A PDF simply is display of data and you are most likely not going to use that text based date in any calculation in PDF, unlike in app where you may do some date calculations.. So you could convert it for the desired display.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Date format can indeed be tricky to find where exactly the source of issue lies.

For  a quick solution , in the template you could try to convert the date in the desired format by using TEXT() function. 

So in template you could use TEXT([Date Column], "DD/MM/YYYY") 

A PDF simply is display of data and you are most likely not going to use that text based date in any calculation in PDF, unlike in app where you may do some date calculations.. So you could convert it for the desired display.

What is the << >> syntax for the above answer in the pdf template? If I want to add time as well for a DateTime, what will the syntax be? Do help and correct the below

<<TEXT([Date Column], "DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM")>>

Thank you

<<TEXT([Date Column], "DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM")>> will work but [Date Column] needs to record both date and time. So the column type needs to be of Datetime type ( that will also capture the time information in addition to the date ) and not just Date type.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1679997846912.png

Column data types - AppSheet Help 

TEXT() - AppSheet Help

Use variables in templates - AppSheet Help

wow its Working...thank You

Top Labels in this Space