Date/Time Format Rules for NON Date/Time Columns

Hello Community! I have an idea I'd like to implement in my app but am completely lost in how I would go about this. Let me run you through what I would like:

Here is a current snapshot of my "WIP Board", and the main column in question is this "Status" column that has an ENUM for basically any current status a particular client has.

status.jpg

This has so far helped us out in keeping track of everything, but we are lacking in updating and checking in. I would like to be able to create a format rule, that makes this statement true,
"Part 1: If the status has not been updated in 3 or more days, the status will turn bright red.

Part 2: Once updated, the status will return to its original orange color. " Then a repeat of Part 1/2

Now I understand that would be possible if this column pertained to "Date and Time", but because this column is an Enum Type, would I need to make a generic or even virtual column of some sort that's related to Date/Time for this to work? I'm hoping to get some tips on where to start or how this can be done. Thanks for tuning in!

0 1 59
1 REPLY 1

You need a real column that saves the timestamp of when it was changed,

Then you just base your format rule on that column

Tracking Changes Using "Change" Column Types | AppSheet Help Center

Top Labels in this Space