Date YYYY/MM/DD

The date format must be YYYY/MM/DD in the app. I don't want to create a Text Virtual column, I just want the formats to be like this everywhere...

I've changed the Sheet locale to UK as well as AppSheet locale to UK and made all the date columns in the Sheet YYYY/MM/DD.

Solved Solved
0 10 1,148
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to establish a custom date format without the use of a Text column. The best you can do is change the locale to get the locale's date format.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

When I fill out the form the date format is YYYY/MM/DD, but after the form is saved it is shown as DD/MM/YYYY:Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.15.07.jpgScreenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.19.02.jpg

The Date Format Displayed on the Mobile App will be according to the Languange Setting Selected on the device. For e.g. below setting will display Date in DD/MM/YYYY 

jyothis_m_0-1664007734068.jpeg

I've changed the Sheet locale to UK as well as AppSheet locale to UK and made all the date columns in the Sheet YYYY/MM/DD, but after the form is saved the date is still displayed as DD/MM/YYYY

The setting i mentioned above was the Android Language Setting. Not the Appsheet or google sheet Locale Setting

Okay, thank you. Do you know if there is a language setting that has the date format of YYYY/MM/DD?

pls see the link below

Date format by country - Wikipedia

Also, the date format on my iPhone is YYYY/MM/DD, but in the Appsheet app (iOS) the date is still displayed as DD/M/YYYY:

IMG_0875.PNGIMG_0876.PNG

May be you can try changing Region Setting

Tried with no luck ๐Ÿ˜ž

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to establish a custom date format without the use of a Text column. The best you can do is change the locale to get the locale's date format.

Top Labels in this Space