Date column showing invalid despite no validif check

See screenshots below.

I added a table based off a google sheet that has minimal formatting done to it. I have a [Date] column, with a "Date" column type, however whenever I enter a date into the form for the sheet it will tell me that the column is invalid.

HOWEVER this error only occurs when I click into the box while there is a value in there. For example:

If I use today() as the initial value, then touch the box I will be told that date and any future dates are invalid. However, if I was just to leave it as today(), it would work fine.

If I leave the box blank and directly enter a date into it, it will format it properly and let me save it. But, if I click the box again after entering data, it will give me the "This entry is invalid" error.

Additionally, in the form the calendar date button you can press to select a specific date is greyed out.

I have tried saving the date column as a different type then reverting it, regenerating everything. Not really sure what the next step is, any help is appreciated

Screenshot 2023-02-21 090550.pngScreenshot 2023-02-21 090729.pngScreenshot 2023-02-21 090809.png

Solved Solved
0 4 1,290
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you can enter it with a different format and it works fine, I'd say that definitely sounds like a locale issue. It does also depend on the locale of the device being used.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

By default, dates must be entered in the format dd/mm/yyyy. This maybe changes based on locale settings, I don't quite remember. So are you in the US, or have you changed locale settings at all?

As for the issue with the value being fine if you don't click the box: all existing values in a record are assumed to be valid. For example, you can put the value "abc" into a cell on your GSheet, that corresponds with a Date type column in Appsheet, and it will load and display. But as soon as you try to change a value, then it will check its validity, and "abc" isn't a Date value, so it would fail.

There may be something else going on here, but it's not quite clear exactly what you're doing. Can you clarify?

I am in Canada but every prior app I have set up hasn't had any issues. I will check the locale settings.

Edit: Every other data form is having similar issues where all of the dates are invalid. It appears that Appsheet is formatting any date that I enter as yyyy-mm-dd, then telling me that it is an invalid entry. If I manually enter the dates as dd-mm-yyyy it will work. These forms were all working recently. I am not sure what could have changed. I have been traveling recently. Perhaps the date format changed when I was in different countries?

If you can enter it with a different format and it works fine, I'd say that definitely sounds like a locale issue. It does also depend on the locale of the device being used.

Thanks Marc. It appears to be specific to firefox, it is working fine on chrome and my phone.

Top Labels in this Space