Date comparison :: Condition not working

Hi All,
I have a scheduled report, which sends out an email with list of sale transactions happened on previous day. This was working fine till Nov 2nd. But after that, it sends out a email with empty list and appears to be failing at date check condition validation. The report doesnโ€™t have any other filter condition. If i remove the condition it send a list.

Iโ€™m using google sheet as data source with locale as India-English.

Given below the condition.
<<Start: Select(vanDelivery[_ComputedKey], DATE([txnDate])=DATE(TODAY()-1))>>

Please help.

Regards,
Senthil

0 7 431
7 REPLIES 7

Could you please update what is the column type for the column [txnDate]

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar, It defined as โ€œDateโ€

Thank you Senthil.

You may wish to try following expression

<<Start: Select(vanDelivery[_ComputedKey], [txnDate]=(TODAY()-1))>>

As per my understanding, since the column is of date type and since TODAY()-1 also returns date , further wrapping is not required.

Thank @Suvrutt_Gurjar, I tried these options already. But as you told, i tried again. But it did not work.

Do you get any error when you check in logs as shown below? You may also wish to check if there were any eligible records when it returned empty list on that particular report run.

I tested a report with similar expression and it correctly delivered the records for the 5th November ( TODAY()-1), that is yesterday.

My test expression was

<<Start: Select(Orders[Order Id], [Order Date]=TODAY()-1)>>

So I believe there could be either some issue in data or template ( such as misplaced <> etc.) in your case

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar for your active reply. The email has two parts 1. Sales Txn and 2. Collection receipts. The reports shows collection receipts, but the sale txns is empty. Both are different tables in google sheet. Both are filtered by dateโ€ฆ

My request will be that you may analyze in the context of the shared observations. As mentioned, the the test showed that the expression itself does not seem to be a problem if wrapping by date is omitted.

So you may wish to take a look at other issues by checking logs, template or data.

If problem persists you may wish to share details of the template, log , table etc.

Top Labels in this Space