Date format

Hello! Tell me, please, is it possible to somehow display the date in the form "DD.MM.YYYY"?

Solved Solved
0 10 408
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

If "DD.MM.YYYY" is not the standard date format on your devices and you wish this specifically, you may need to use the TEXT() expression, using new virtual columns.

Otherwise, normally, if everything matches, every date displaying should be consistent.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TEXT([Date], "dd.mm.yyyy")

Where should I write this formula? Now I have the following situation: in the form of adding a date of the format "DD.MM.YYYY". The table has the same format. And the application displays the date "7.9.2022"

Hi @AndreyPanin 

This is likely related to your data locales.

After a quick search:

Search - Google Cloud Community

I found these answers, that may help you:

Solved: Date Format Locale Issues...again - Google Cloud Community

Solved: Trouble with DateTime formats - Google Cloud Community

The solution provided by @TeeSee1 and @BPNE is to be used in a virtual column for example, as an expression. It is useful is you which to display a date under a specific format such as "wednesday, 7th of april 2022, 09:40 am"

The date format is coming from your device's browser settings. If you are using Chrome, select your language from Chrome > Settings > Languages. Your language needs to be on the top of that list.

That's how it was originally

2.jpg

I don't understand anything about this language, but can you make sure:

- sheets locale

- app editor locale

- device using the app

are on the same settings ?

Everywhere indicated Russia / Russian

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

If "DD.MM.YYYY" is not the standard date format on your devices and you wish this specifically, you may need to use the TEXT() expression, using new virtual columns.

Otherwise, normally, if everything matches, every date displaying should be consistent.

Thanks a lot! It worked!

Top Labels in this Space