Date formatting issue - Test formula shows dd/mm/yy but final output is different

Hi there!

I'm having trouble formatting a date as dd/mm/yy in AppSheet. The date is formatted correctly in my Google spreadsheet and when I test the formula in the show table, it gives me the desired result. However, when I view the app, the values displayed are different. I tried using the TEXT function to format the date but I get an error when the day is greater than 12. Can you help me fix this issue? Thanks a lot!

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 16.26.23.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-10 at 16.28.12.png

Solved Solved
0 3 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AlfredoChavez wrote:

However, when I view the app, the values displayed are different.

This is related to the regional settings of the device and it can show differently from one device to another, but it should not have an impact on calculations.

If the only problem you are having is with the display of your app, then this lies outside the app and it depends on how the device is configured to show the date. If you have other problems please tell. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You have to set the locale correctly in both: your Google Sheet, and in your AppSheet table. 

In Google Sheets: File โ†’ Settings โ†’ General โ†’ Regional Settings
In AppSheet: Table Settings โ†’ Localization

Both Google sheet and Appsheet are located in Mexico

@AlfredoChavez wrote:

However, when I view the app, the values displayed are different.

This is related to the regional settings of the device and it can show differently from one device to another, but it should not have an impact on calculations.

If the only problem you are having is with the display of your app, then this lies outside the app and it depends on how the device is configured to show the date. If you have other problems please tell. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space