Date not clearing on IOS devices

My app has some date fields for deadlines. On the Iphone I canโ€™t seem to clear those dates when I need to, it is like if the โ€œclearโ€ button wasnโ€™t even there.
On the computer and Android devices the โ€œclearโ€ button works just fine.

Any light on what I could be doing wrong on my app?

Txs!

0 13 648
13 REPLIES 13

Are you able to take a printscreen?

Hello @Aleksi

This is the backend of one of them:

And this is the screenshot of the โ€œclearโ€ I cannot make work on IOS:

Let me know if you need any more images.

Thanks!

Soโ€ฆ what happens when you click that โ€œClearโ€ button? Nothing?

It depends on the device, but on Iphone nothing happensโ€ฆ

Not that this really solves the issue, but I have seen this issue sometimes as well on iPhone. In my case, if I close the Appsheet launcher and the app, and then re-Open and sync, it worksโ€ฆ

Thanks @Mike!

It didnโ€™t work for me. Actually it never worked, and Iโ€™m talking new devices with the latest OS.

Anyway, one thing that crossed my mind is if it could have anything to do with the fact it is a โ€œmandatoryโ€ question and therefore it will let me change the date but not clear it. Having said that, on Android it works! Just yesterday I had someone who has been testing it with me say he couldnโ€™t clear it on the browser either. But with Android devices we have never had any issues!

Hi @Cabelo, itโ€™s a known issue we have with the iOS date picker. Not related to the filed being required.
This shouldnโ€™t happen on browser though, were you able to reproduce it in browser?

I have never had these issues using the browser myself. I asked my colleague again and he mentioned he had very poor internet connection not sure if it was related. Thanks for letting me know it is a normal issue.

Thanks for all the replies!

So @Gil is there any solution/workaround on iOS. We don;'t build the date picker โ€” this is iOS-provided, right?

Any update on this? Still seems to be broken for the time picker on ios. Thanks.

@CGCApp This was fixed a while ago.
Are you still seeing unresponsive clear button in iOS?

Yes. In the attached image the โ€œclearโ€ button does nothing. Note this is time not date.

Thanks @CGCApp, Seems like we fixed it for date fields, but forgot time fields.
Fix is coming in this week.

Top Labels in this Space